Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC)
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) is an initiative of National Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Development Board (NSTEDB) , Department of Science and Technology (DST), New Delhi. With an aim of develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students.
This center is providing financial support to number of students for developing innovative products in every year. We also provide the mentoring and Infrastructural support for these projects.
The projects may be student projects with student’s involvement with a high degree of innovation in them. As far as possible the projects may be multi-disciplinary in nature.
“Develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students”
Objectives of the IEDC
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding student entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Parent Institution and other institutions in the region and to promote the objectives of NSTEDB, including programmers related to women and weaker sections of the society.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects
- To catalyze and promote development of student knowledge-based enterprises and promote employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to Small and medium – sized enterprises and micro enterprises.
Functions of IEDC
- To organize Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmers, Faculty Development Programmers and Skill Development Programmers in the college/institution for the benefit of Students.
- To initiate five innovative student projects each year for new innovative product development.
- To organize Business Plan Competitions every year
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentor ship scheme for student entrepreneurs
- To facilitate creation of entrepreneur’s club in each college to foster culture of entrepreneurship amongst students.
- To act as a Regional Information Center on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant data bases.
- IEDCs would also sensitivities the management of the institutions regarding the importance of entrepreneurship and integrate their activities with the Host Institutions.